Location : Fort Wayne, IN
Job Type : Locum Tenens
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Hospitalist needed for Day & Night shifts in Fort Wayne, IN starting as soon as credentialed.
- BC/TBE IM / FM
- Schedules: 7a-7p / 7p-7a
- Acute Hospital
- 396 Beds
- Open ICU
- 11 Day Providers, 3 Night Providers
- Average Day Census 160-180 / Average Day Admits 5-6 / Average Night Admits 10-12
- Locum Hospitalist is responsible for running codes & responding with the RRT for their own patients
- No Procedures Required
- For Days: Covers own patients from 7a-7p. Takes sign out from nocturnist during 7a morning sign off. Accepts Admissions from 12p-6p. On rare occassions may need to have an early morning admission if there are more than 3 left over admissions from the night team. Expected to do 1-2 admissions during the day and the last admit before 5p. All clinicains signing up for day shift are subject to round-robin through the admitter team in an equitable manner.
- For Nights: Expected to see about 10-12 admissions. Responds to RRT/Sepsis Code/ Chest Pain Alert / Stroke Alert from 11p-3a. Accepts transfer call from 5a-7a. Expected to do the last admit before 6a. Finishes up work during the last hour of the shift (no new admits). Signs off unseen patients to the 7a admitter service.
- EMR: Cerner Millennium
- BLS & ACLS Required
- Credentialing is about 90 days
- $500 referral bonus received for any referral who works 30 days.
- $Competitive Hourly pay + housing + travel + A++ rated malpractice insurance with tail coverage included.
Please send resume to Jnewman@odysseystaffing.com and call/text James at 469-676-9578.
Required Qualifications :