Location : Sioux City, IA
Job Type : Locum Tenens
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Anesthesiologist needed near Sioux City, IA. Starting ASAP and working on going.
- Reason for Coverage: Retirement
- Practice Setting: Hospital based. Surgical services department. Level 2 trauma center.
- Schedule: How to staff M-F: • 1 MDA is on vacation every week (except 2 weeks per year) • 1 MDA is post call everyday • 1 MDA is on call everyday (1st Call- they go home once all the cases finish and only come back in if a case adds or called for a central line) • 1 MDA is 2nd call everyday (2nd Call- late stay, tends to be back up if a non-cardiac MDA is 1st call) • 1 MDA is a day shift only How to staff Sat/Sun: • 1 MDA is 1st Call Saturday and is then 2nd Call Sunday • 1 MDA is 2nd Call Saturday and is then 1st Call Sunday • Other 3 MDAs have the weekend off
- Call Ratio: 1 in 5
- EMR: Cerner PowerChart
- Average Number of Surgical Cases Per Day: 13
- Will the Locum Tenen Physician be Required to Supervise CRNAs? Yes. The CRNAs are very experienced. They work together with the anesthesiologists. The anesthesiologists do oversee.
- Trauma Level/Designation: level 2
- Number of Anesthesiologists in Practice: 5 when fully staffed (seeking 2 full-time due to retirement)
- Will the Locum Tenens Physician be Responsible for Preparing the Anesthesia Cart? No
- Patient Age Demographic: Mostly adult/geriatric. No complicated adolescent or child procedures.
- Number of Operating Rooms: 12
- Annual ER Volume: 25k +/-
- Cardiac experience is preferred.
- Procedures Required: General Surgical Cases adult, General Surgical Cases - pediatric, Minor Nerve Blocks, IV Regional anesthesia, Plexus anesthesia, Open Heart Anesthesia, Thoracic Cases (Except Open Heart), Complex Vascular Cases (Except Open Heart), Complex Orthopedic Cases, Spinal Anesthesia, Epidural Anesthesia, Regional Anesthesia, Neurosurgical Cases, Ventilation Management, Local Infiltration
- Pain Management Procedures: Acute
- Insertion of: Central Line, Arterial line, PA Catheter
- Evaluation and Management of Acute Volume / BP Issues required
- Estimated Credentialing Timeframe: 60 days +/-
- Client will reimburse full travel
- $500 referral bonus received for any referral who works 30 days.
- $Competitive Rate weeknight call + Premium if called in, Weekend Call equals 6 Regular Hours Per Day + Premium When Called In.
- $Competitive Hourly pay + housing + travel + A++ rated malpractice insurance with tail coverage included.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call/text Donnie at 469-213-3309.
Required Qualifications :