Location : Corpus Christi, TX
Job Type : Locum Tenens/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Locum Anesthesiologists needed in the Corpus Christi, TX area. Client looking for someone to start in 45 days to work 2 weeks per month or full time - ongoing. Must have TX license and clean background.
- Candidate "must" rotate between 2 nearby facilities.
- Candidate must be OB and Trauma proficient and have recent case logs for both, min. of 25 OB case logs in last year required for privileges.
- 7500 cases a year, half are OB, the rest are: Endo, General, Gyn, Ortho, Podiatry, Urology, Thoracic. CRNAs do OB epidurals but call in a physician for c-sections. Prefer peds and neonate proficient and certified, but not required.
- Hospital 1 has one Anesthesiologist per day supervising 5 rooms and is always a Care Team Model. Hospital 2 has 8 Anesthesiologists is a Care Team Model, but MD's are independent when on call.
- Hospital 1 example Schedule would be Mon: 7-3, Tues: 3-11 + call, Wed: post call day off, then repeat that schedule on Thursday. Hospital 2 schedule would be day shifts only 7-3:00 or 5:00 M-F.
- Each MD will work 1 long shift per week up to 12 hours, but the Anesthesiologists seldom reach 40 total regular hours per week, so the doc might get called in on post call to help for a few hours to help reach 40 hours.
- Hospital 1 call is 1:3 beeper call from home on weeknights with 2 CRNAs in house. MDs are called in if an urgent case comes in only. 1 Anesthesiologist is post call off, however there is no pay for post day off. Weekend call is rotated 1:4 beeper call from home. Hospital 2 is 1:7 beeper call from home for weeknight and weekend, but the MD might not be asked to work call there.
- Hospital 1 & Hospital 2 call back hours for weeknight call would be considered regular hours and not call back premium hours, until after 40 regular hours are met.
- Hospital 1 & Hospital 2 Weekend Call is 24 hour weekend shifts starting at 7am on Saturday through 7am on Monday.
- $500 referral bonus received for any referral who works 30 days
- $Competitive Rate weeknight call + Premium paid after 40 hours is met when called in, Weekend Call equals Full Daily Rate per weekend day + Premium after 4 hours.
- $Competitive hourly pay + A++ rated malpractice insurance with tail coverage included
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 469-717-0051.
Required Qualifications :